Thursday, June 26, 2014

Horses Kinda Day

Today we got to do the activity I had been looking forward to the whole trip. We went horseback riding! I was so excited when we found out we were finally going to do it because I miss riding them even though I would only do it at the Morelands for a short period of time.

When we got to the horse farm they had already lined up the horses we would be using. All of the horses were different like some were for beginners and some were for the more experienced people and then a few were the experts. I chose the in between type horse and it's name was TvĂ­stirni which means "Double Star" in english. My horse was so awesome I was even able to get a selfie with him before I left.



When we started riding I was a little rusty at first but then when we started trotting I felt it all come back. It was so much fun to be able to go along a horse trail that can show you such beautiful views and have fun while on the horse and have the people around you that enjoy it the same amount. I especially loved when we started to gallop with the horses because I have only done that once and I totally forgot how awesome that feeling was. I really want to raise my own horse now but obviously that probably won't happen no matter how much I beg. But if I was able to that would be the best experience and I feel like it would teach me a lot.



When we got back to the farm we tied up our horses and right away they had some hot chocolate and crackers waiting for us. So of course, we all nom away while talking and laughing and really having a fun day.

Right next to where we were sitting and drinking our hot chocolate they had a little pen with two baby sheep in it. I got to pick one up and it was smaller than rookie. It was the most precious thing and it even started licking my face.



Then it was time to head back to our hostel after a long morning of horses. But wait, Runar had decided we should stop at another horse farm for pictures. I was okay with that of course because horses were one of my focus topics. So we all got out and when the horses saw us they all started running for us which was awesome because the closer with horses the better. So during that short period of time I got some of my best pictures.



Then after we finally got back we enjoyed a nice meal by Tota and then we hit the streets of Akureyri for some exploring, shopping, and finishing all of our projects. This was a fun time because I love when they let us explore on our own and do what we want and not go by an itinerary for a few hours.

Then we got back, had another awesome meal by Tota and then prepared for the next day which we would travel all the way back to Rekyjavic. This was not a fun night for me because this was the night my computer hard drive crashed and I wasn't able to use my computer for the rest of the trip. But thankfully I had backed up all my pictures on to Erika's hard drive right before it crashed so nothing was completely lost. After being stressed about it, I just decided I need some rest and I would figure it out in the morning because it was already 1:00 in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment